Monday, January 8, 2007

Tablet PC Delivery Woes

Lenovo are having fullfillment issues with their X60 tablet PCs. The high resolution screens that power the upper end X60 tablets are unavailable and slated to drop somewhere at the end of the month, leaving customers that ordered the top of the line units last year twiddling their thumbs in anticipation of what could be the best tablet on the market, if only it could leave the warehouse and land in the hands of users.

I am on the lookout for the "holy grail" of tablet PCs. Of course, my holy grail is probably a bit different than yours but for the sake of high word count in this post, I will detail what I am looking for:
  • Core Duo processor (or Core 2 Duo)
  • 12" screen with at least SXGA+ resolution (I am a resolution junkie)
  • Vista ultimate-capable video processor
  • Convertible for factor (need that keyboard)
  • 5hr battery life (yeah, with that processor I already detailed)
  • Optical drive not necessary but give me a mini dock like the Lenovo unit
  • 802.11NBRGWSDRE (whatever is the newest non-standar) and Bluetooth
  • Built-in HSDPA WWAN adapter (international access and I don't forget the PCMCIA card)
  • Less than 3 pounds with the battery
I will be at the Tablet and UMPC community gathering tomorrow at Cheeseburger Las Vegas. I hope to get to the bottom of this issue. If you see me there and know a tablet that meets all my requirements, please stop me from rambling away at whomever is in my line of fire (they will thank you later) and tell me how to get this dream machine. Thanks in advance.

No comments: