Monday, January 8, 2007

Wide Screen Media Players

The big question is: Will Apple announce the widescreen iPod at MacWorld?

The debate about whether MacWorld will outshine CES has been on many blogger's sites this week, and last week, and the week before.... you get the drift. That MacWorld is the same week as CES, forcing some press to make a decision and others to either live on airplanes or split their staf is being hailed as a fantastic marketing move and an unmitigated disaster. I am not interested in throwing my two cents into that debate but I am wondering...

Will Apple announce the widescreen iPod at MacWorld?

So far, at CES, I have seen the Zen Vision W, the Sansa View, the Toshiba Gigabeat MEV30K, and the random Korean widescreen never-heard-of-them-before player. If Apple misses their expected launch of a widescreen player, they will have stumbled in a category that they have for all intensive purposes owned for years.

I don't bet on technology but I am tempted not to bet against them.

No comments: